As the primary entrance to the San Diego State University campus, the monument signage inspires a sense of arrival.
Destination SDSU is part of a comprehensive program to heighten the school’s community presence and improve visitor wayfinding and navigation. The formal gateway emphasizes the school’s historical and traditional identity with Mission Revival architecture and the institution’s traditional branding. This project was also awarded the APWA.
- 25-foot tower with traditional Spanish tile highlighting the University seal surrounded by a landscaped median
- Two 10-foot-long curving SDSU monument signs
- Two 12 foot tall gateway structures
- Materials include clay roof tiles on tower and gateway structures, rustic-finished plaster, Spanish tile accent niches, and dark bronze metal vents and grates
- Accent lighting designed to highlight structures and dramatize landscaping
Photographs by Brad Anderson, Architectural Photography.