SDUSD and Kearny High School propose to develop and implement a Patient Care and Biotechnical Science and Technology Program that will prepare students for jobs in the Healthcare and Biotechnical sectors.
This project will convert existing classrooms into two new flexible classroom and lab spaces with a shared support storage room. The renovation area is approximately 3,436 SF including a girls and boys restroom remodel.
The Biotechnical Science and Technology Classroom will consist of approximately 950 SF of instructional/lecture space that will accommodate 36 students and be open to an adjoining 450 SF of hands-on Lab area with workstations for 4 groups of 3 students each.
The Patient Care Classroom will consist of approximately 950 SF of instructional/lecture space that will accommodate 36 students and be open to an adjoining 450 SF of hands-on Lab area with three workstations for groups of four students each.
- Dual projection screens and viewing monitors for microscope, document, and work display and presentations
- DNA sequencer, PCR machine (DNA copier), Digital Dissection Table, and High-powered Centrifuge
- State-of the art Treatment table, Triage and Suturing Station, X-ray Light boards, and a Patient bed
- Updates to building signage highlighting the CTE career pathway, to provide a branding opportunity for the school within the campus
- Upgrades to accessibility, structural, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and energy efficient lighting
- Renovation of an existing single-occupancy restroom and the addition of a new single-occupancy student restroom