G Square sets a precedent for thoughtful small scale infill development in downtown San Rafael.
This mixed-use project is located in the unique West End Village of downtown San Rafael. To secure entitlements, the thoughtful design successfully navigated a rigorous design review process. This three-story building enhances the identity and charm of this historic shopping district. All of the parking is hidden within the building and tucked behind a new corner retail shop with large storefront windows.
The ten luxury townhouse units feature open plans and large outdoor patios and balconies. The façade of the building holds an urban street edge and has been carefully designed with awnings, balconies, and other architectural details to respect and reinforce the scale and character of the neighborhood.
- Sets a precedent for thoughtful small scale infill development
- Used state density bonus law for increased density
- Massing and detailing reinforce unique identity of the neighborhood
- Open plan concept makes units feel larger and gives flexibility of use
- Services Provided: Programming, Schematic Design, Entitlement Processing, Construction Documentation, and Construction Administration
© John Sutton Photography