After 30 years, the heart of this vibrant and active senior living community is being renovated to suit the needs of current residents as well as the next generation.
This intricate project renovates the central part of the campus including parts of the skilled nursing facility and revitalizes the epicenter of activity for the independent living residents. These enhanced amenities include a state-of-the-art kosher kitchen and restaurant style dining facilities, new bar and lounge, lobby, central laundry facilities, employee breakrooms, relocated independent living apartment, and major system upgrades.
The goals of the project were:
- To redesign the main hub of campus to serve the residents of Seacrest Village for years to come.
- Create a new welcoming area outside the main dining room where residents can congregate before meals to enjoy piano concerts or happy hour with friends before entering the dining room for meals
- To enlarge and modernize the main campus dining room: Enlarging to make room for future independent living expansions that are planned for a future phase, Modernizing to attract the future generation of Baby Boomers that are entering retirement.
- To reconfigure the kosher kitchen layout and equipment to allow for higher level of service, greater staff efficiency, state-of-the-art equipment, and more direct access for deliveries and service.
- Update the commercial laundry area to allow for increased volume of laundry, modernized equipment, and a more pleasant working environment for housekeeping staff including a new break area.
- To address and fix deferred maintenance issues such as updated electrical equipment, new roofing, and all new HVAC equipment throughout all renovated areas.