SGPA is proud to welcome five new team members, four of whom have joined our staff within the last four months.
“We are very fortunate to find such a group of well-qualified professionals at any time, but especially in this market. I think we all look forward to getting to know each one of them better and seeing the wonderful contributions that they bring to the firm,” said Keith Pittsford, Vice President of SGPA.
Aurora Charohaus began working with SGPA as an intern while working towards her Bachelor of Arts in Architecture and Community Design at the University of San Francisco. Upon graduation in the spring of 2015, she joined our team full-time as a Junior Designer in the San Francisco office. She is counted upon daily to create exhibits and architectural design presentations for client review.
Travis Cook assists with design and production assignments for a variety of project types. He joins our San Francisco office as a Junior Designer, where his specialties include residential, retail, master plans, and educational projects.
Travis Keltner is an indispensable Job Captain in our San Diego office, lending his talents throughout various project stages. He serves an especially critical role during the documentation coordination and approval phases, and has over five years of experience.
Qianqian Zhang combines her formal education with her experiences living, exploring, and studying abroad in her role as a Junior Designer in our San Francisco office. She holds degrees in China and the United States, and brings a holistic design approach and unique perspective to an assortment of SGPA projects.
Marla Ushijima joins SGPA as a Senior Project Manager and Associate with over 25 years of experience. Marla’s strong organization skills ensure timely project schedules and an efficient, streamlined project. Her specialties include commercial, retail, hospitality, education, health care, senior living, and civic.
Ms. Ushijima’s substantial portfolio highlights include:
- Education: St. Mary’s College High School Science and Classroom Building, University of California, Santa Cruz Student Housing, Stanford West Faculty Housing
- Commercial: Skywalker Ranch Technical Building Expansion, 201 Post Street Rehabilitation, Chapman Cutler Legal Office
- Retail/Restaurant: The Irvine Spectrum Center, Stanford Theatre Galley, Kendall Jackson Tasting Room
- Hospitality: Alivila Resort, Madison Club, Sharon Heights Golf and Country Club
- Health Care: Reno Community Living Center, Mather Medical Specialties Clinic, Martinez Outpatient Clinic Remodeling
- Senior Living: Kobe Tower, Showa Kinen Koen, Sun City Senkawa
- Multi-Family Housing: Santa Cruz Avenue, Pacific Avenue Condominiums, Avalon Towers on the Peninsula
- Civic: City of Albany Library and Community Center, Gene Friend Recreational Center, California Veterans Memorial Competition
We hope you will join us in congratulating them on their new roles at SGPA Architecture and Planning.