Renovation of an urban mixed-use, affordable housing development in downtown Oakland that includes substantial changes to the nine-story concrete masonry tower.
Ten percent of residential units were upgraded to be made compliant with current CA accessibility requirements. This project also includes updates to building systems, security upgrades and repairs, and an addition to the community’s only common space off the courtyard.
A large percentage of this renovation is related to the voluntary structural strengthening of the concrete podium. The renovation is partially financed by California Tax Credits and must comply with all energy-efficiency and accessibility upgrades that are required for projects that receive public funding.
- 66 residential mid-rise units
- 53 wood-framed townhouse units
- Street-level commercial podium
- Parking garage with one grade and two sub-grade levels
- Seismic and structural strengthening upgrades
- Addition to community room
- Upgrades to the common use courtyard